Programming Editor adds line each time?

markdil

I am using Windows XP with release 5.2.5. When I open a file and let's say there were 96 lines when I previously closed it, it will automatically add line 97. Then, even if I no changes were made, it prompts me to "save changes" when I close the file.

The reason this is a problem is, there is no way of know if I had inadvertently changed something when I close the program because it will ALWAYS ask me to save changes because the new blank line was automatically added when I opened the file.

Is there a configuration parameter I am missing, or is there something I can do to stop this from occurring?

Thanks.

westaust55

Tried myself - using WinXP SP3 and PE V5.2.5.

Confirm everytime a SAVE is done a line is added. :rolleyes:

Whether I open with FILE/OPEN or Recent Files I do not automatically get a nessage to save if I have not done any edits.

markdil

Tried myself - using WinXP SP3 and PE V5.2.5.

Confirm everytime a SAVE is done a line is added. :rolleyes:

Whether I open with FILE/OPEN or Recent Files I do not automatically get a nessage to save if I have not done any edits.
It just happens when you use the "Open" icon in the toolbar. It does not happen when you use File/Open. Try opening a file with the "Open" file folder icon.

westaust55

Technical,

Just to clarify, the toolbar OPEN is only causing the requirement to save even when nothing is done to the program.

Saving, even by FILE / SAVE or SAVEAS causes the addition of the extra blank line at the end of the program