Programming Backend?

jledger

I'm curious if there is documentation on the backend programming of the PICAXE. In otherwords, if someone wanted to create a "PICAXE programming editor" for another platform where should I look for protocol information?

Thanks
Jeff

Rickharris

If you want to reverse engineer the prog editor you have 2 choices:

hack into the code and decypher what it does and how.

Write down everything the prog editor does in fine detail. Then create software that does the same thing.

Be aware that breaking copyright/patents is against the law although noone can stop you creaqting your own system that is similiar in function as an existing system as long as you clearly have created your own product.

I know that Economatics in the UK have some PICAXE support built into their Logicator software.

Pulled from rev-eds pages <i>These approved software applications make use of the manufacturers PICAXE 'plugin' compiler to program PICAXE chips.
Note these software options are not required to use the PICAXE system, as the free Programming Editor software above provides both BASIC and flowchart programming options. However they provide additional programming options for schools who may already be using these software titles for non-microcontroller work.
All these titles can be purchased in the UK with eLearning Credits </i>

Have a read of <A href='http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/software.htm' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a> which is where I cut&amp;pasted that from.

Edited by - matthewriley on 10/06/2006 17:53:04

Edited by - matthewriley on 10/06/2006 17:53:32