Program in Eeprom

SAborn

When using Eeprom with a 18m2 (or any picaxe) and a program that exceeds 1792 bytes, is it correct program byte 1793 is written to eeprom location 255, and program byte 1794 is location 254, and so on.

The manual implies that is correct, and im just checking if i have understood it correctly.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
On old 18M2, yes (not 18M2+, where the eeprom is completely separate). This only applies to 08M2 and old 18M2, not to separate eeprom parts such as 14M2, 18M2+, 20M2.

Remember with PE6 the 14M2, 18M2+ and 20M2 now also have another program slot to play with, giving you a much greater total program capacity.

SAborn

Thanks Technical,

Unfortunately i still have a bunch of lazy 18m2 chips to use up before jumping to the 18m2+, and a previous project pushed the boundrys of program space and eeprom storage.
Merely checking if i had understood the way program addressing work in "older" picaxe eeprom .

Paix

Relevant for me too, thanks to you both for the Q & A. Lazy chip for lazy project until used up and out of active inventory. :)

tony_g

i did not know there where 2 slots for the 14m2,18m2+ and 20m2, im using two of these for a couple of projects and pretty much used all memory.

is the 2048 bytes memory space the total of both combined slots or is that individual size for each slot? if itst he latter then that changes everything for my code i had to severely trim down lol

Goeytex

Per the PE6 beta notes ....

"Second additional program slot for 14M2, 18M2+ and 20M2 parts, effectively doubling their program capacity."

Paix

For the 18m2+ 2 slots of 2048, and 512 bytes eeprom?

I think that I might need pictures . . . cue Hippy and his ASCII art . . . maybe not!