Plzhelp!!axe033clock

I know I'm a noob' but I've followed the pdf instructions to the letter. I am using a 08m2 chip with a axe033y lcd.
No matter what I do in serial mode i cannot get the lcd to store and display time. It does have a clock upgrade, and I am worried I have fried my clock chip. "Serout b.7 does not work with the 08m2 serout b.0 does for the most part.... I can't help but wonder if this is related to my problem".

westaust55

welcome to the PICAXE forum.

"Serout b.7 does not work with the 08m2 serout b.0 does for the most part.... I can't help but wonder if this is related to my problem".
The PICAXE manual code examples do not always immeditaley transfer to all PICAXE chips without some minor alterations.
As you are aware, the 08M2 has IO pins from C.0 to C.5 (for 08M2 also =B.0 to B.5) and some of these are input only.

Hence as you have discovered when a pin designaiton of B.7 is used in a code example you need to change to a pin available on the PICAXE chip you are using hence B.0 or even B.1 or B.2 will work.

does for the most part
can you please explain what works and what is not working.

As Rick100 has asked, please post your existing program code as you have tried so that folks here can clearly understand what you have tried and be better placed to guide you.

Last edited:

Bill.b

The clock on the AX 033Y required I2c to retreive the date and Time.

You have to use one or the other not both to communicate with this OLED display.

If you require the Clock function you will have to use I2C to communicate with both clock and display.

westaust55

It is possible to set the time using serial commands and to display the time and date on the bottom line (as if a predefined message) using serial commands.

I2c is only essential if you wish to read the time and date into the PICAXE in which case one should use the entire module in i2c mode.

Thank you Very much. I really appreciate your reply. Actually the problem was not soldering a jumper on j2 for 5v to 4.5 vdc.
I felt so damn stupid. But they way they worded it on the PDF it sounds like it's for a backlit display only. There pdf's suck. Took me weeks to figure that out.