PIR circuit to relay to use as trigger

Dippy

Interesting, but why bother building a kit? (Noting that you can't connect a Pyro/PIR sensor directly to a relay).(Also noting that a PIR amp circuit can be much simpler than shown).

You can get little PIR modules like these:-
http://uk.farnell.com/1209948/industrial-controls-automation/product.us0?sku=EPSON-TOYOCOM-MS401

There are many similar types with digital or analogue o/p. You will need to make a simple circuit so that it can control a relay. Or you can connect to PICAXE.

Or, if convenient/appropriate, you can just buy a little 'burglar alarm' Passive, most of which have a small relay.
http://uk.farnell.com/8902224/electrical/product.us0?sku=PYRONIX-FP05822

Where does PICAXE feature in the project?

There is a schematic and a parts list in the PDF a person could use if they wanted to build from scratch, I was not suggesting buying the kit. At 150 micro-amps at idle, this is a fairly efficient design, and their stuff works well. I have used several "camera controllers" that have this as their basic circuit, although some changes have been made to it.

This is only part of what is usually needed for a camera controller. The Picaxe would be used for timing. Some cameras (but very few) can be used as an "always on" meaning the camera is not turned on and off with each detection. These cameras will go into a sleep state after a while, but can be quickly waken to get the picture., After an extended time, 3~4 hours on some, the camera turns off, where the power will have to be cycled to get it working again. In cases like this a "refresh" is given to the camera by pressing the half press (focus button) to keep it from turning off. The refresh time for an Olympus 370 and 380 would be 2.5 minutes if you want the camera to stay awake. This will consume 2500ma NIMH batteries in about 10 days, but a picture can be taken by the camera in less than one second. With a refresh every 2.5 hours, the camera does go to sleep, but can be awaken to get a picture within about three seconds or less...depending on how long it has been since the last refresh. This will extend the battery life to about two to two and a half weeks on the 370 and 380.

Most cameras will be used as an "on-off" Meaning the camera turns on, takes the picture and stores it, then turns off again to save batteries. The Picaxe would be in charge of the proper timings for power button press to turn it on...some need a longer press than others, as well as longer times to hold it to turn it off again. Then different cameras need different wait times before they can shutter a picture. Some will be ready within a second, and some will need several...up to 10 in some cases. Usually the flash cap drains off on these cameras, so a periodic "refresh" is used on these too, to keep the flash ready to fire.

sigster

Hi

Thanks you all for your Replay ! and help !

What I was thinking

I am tray to make Remote trigger for Canon Rebel camera
I was gone use the PIR sensor an connect him to PICAXE then PICAXE to Relay

I am gone use 8M to open the really to take photo but I need to use 8M to close the Relay and take a break
so the camera don't take photo until the 4GB card is full

so after few min then the PIR sensor will be ready agene after the break

PS
I am gona look at this kit mabye it is best to buy ready PIR sensor so I only need to gook it up to the PICAXE

Regards
Sigster

sigster

Hi

thanks for the Warning

I like this PIR in your url thing I will order 2 or 3 and then tray to connect the PIR to my Rebel

Dippy

For that price it had better perform well!

I 'jeezed' as there are a number of devices for around the £10 mark and that one you linked to recently is even cheaper.

I linked a cheapie before. Here's some more:- (but we could go on all day..)
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/97249.pdf

The point I was trying to make was that for average applications there is little point in spending loadsa time making pcbs (and then posting here cos it doesn't work) from a circuit when something small and cheap and good is available.
You can build a much simper amp than shown in an earlier link but still not much point. This thread required a PIR switch device and was not an I-want-to-learn about Pyroelectric devices.

And of course carving polythene into a fresnel lens is also quite a difficult job :)

sigster

One more question if is ok

My camera give 3.2V for the remote trigger

do you thing it will be to risky for my camera to use that to power up the 8M

Regards
Sigster