Picaxe Simulator

westaust55

My last ditch attempt was to update the program editor to 5.20 - still no joy.
If all else fails, use the Simulator for the time being.
Still being relatively new to the PICAXE microcontrollers I keep seeing such comments about the Simulator.

Is this Simulator something built into the free Programming Editor or are these references to the PICAXE VSM Simulator software which must be purchased?

BCJKiwi

Reference is to the simulator built into the Programming Editor.

On the top menu it is the third option along - i.e. File Edit Simulate PICAXE View . . .

You may need to ensure that the Progamming editor is in Enhanced mode - View/options/enhanced. There are also some options for the simulator under the View Topic.

westaust55

Thanks BCJ.

Very helpful.

You may need to ensure that the Programming Editor is in Enhanced mode - View/options/enhanced. There are also some options for the simulator under the View Topic.
No Simulation item existed on the main toolbar for my install of Programming Editor.

Went into the View/Options but no Enhanced mode selector spotted.
But under the Simulation tab selected an i2c EEPROM and the DS1307 RTC and that was enough to add the Simulation option to the main toolbar.

After a quick "play" looks very useful for some pre-testing.

Regards and thanks
Westaust
=================================
The first day you don't learn something new is your first day in a wooden box

westaust55

Picaxe Simulator in Programming Editor

Ah,

just went back and looked in the manuals and lo and behold, there in Manual 1 (page 48 onwards), is about the Simulator.
Read that manual form cover to cover when I bought the PICAXE chip before I went on to reading thru Manuals 2 and 3.

Gotta get the grey matter reprogrammed to remember what I have already read :)