picaxe installer doesn't work

i managed to get myself the picaxe installer but when it gets upto configurating windows installer then everything starts screwing up. the loading bar just stops and the whole programme stops responding.
i run on windows me and i also tried to download and ran the instmsia.exe file that is avaliable on this website but im still getting the same problem.
is there something wrong with my computer or is it a problem on picaxe's side?
i got 64 megs of ram and 800 mhz (yea i know it is slow)
can u guys please help me

manuka

Assume "installer" refers to the Picaxe Editor? Downloaded the full ~ 25MB or was this on CD? An original CD or copy? Does this PC work well otherwise? CD drive OK ? Tried another PC ?

I've had no troubles installing the editor on even a P233MHz W98 laptop with 64MB RAM.

AGI29

I am having the same problem getting the Editor to install on a toshiba Libretto110 running Windows ME, 64K of ram. I downloaded and tried the editor (all 26 MB) three times. The installer hangs and becomes non-responsive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Make sure you have updated the Microsoft installer files on your older ME machines. These files can be downloaded from the software page of this website.

yea i did all of that but nothing works. it always freezes when it gets to configuring the installer and my computer usually runs without problems when installing something. sometimes it freezes but after restarting it works perfectly.

would getting all the files the picaxe thing installs of someone who has installed and running that work? any suggestions are welcome.