Picaxe Forum color-coding

whizzer

I have a question, and maybe everyone knows the answer except me.. :-(

Why is it that when the forum entries are listed, some of them begin with pink coloured folders while others are shown with yellow folders?

Cant for the life of me work it out!

ylp88

Purple (pink) folders are threads which have new posts in them since you last logged in. Yellow ones do not have any new posts in them. All new threads will also appear purple.

If you delete your cookies, you may get odd results. Your last login time is displayed on the Forum navigation page (the one with the listing of all the forums - current and archived). Again, deleting your cookies seems to bring up odd dates here.

<b><i>ylp88 </b> </i>

andrewpro

damn! Crossed in the ether.

Whenever I clear my cookies they jsut all come back pink. I never paid much attention, though, to see if anything else went weird.

--Andy P

Edited by - andypro on 09/04/2006 16:32:17

whizzer

Thanks for your advice ylp88 and andypro..

That all makes sense -it's just that the folder colours presented on my system here don't follow that convention at all! Sometimes folders can be all pink as you describe, but sometimes there are also random variations which I know are -definitely- not applicable!

Incidentaly, I havn't deleted Cookies at all in recent times, but from your comments I guess I'll just have to put it down to the possibility that the security software being used to guard against internet nasties is having an influence on cookie-processing beyond what was expected.

Maybe another factor might be that this PC turns off via Hibernation sometimes, &amp; at other times is powered down in the normal manner after all programs are maually closed.

One of those things I'll have to put on the 'to-do' list to look into further, -even if just to satisfy my curiosity!

Thanks,
whizzer

andrewpro

That happens to me sometimes too. I dont do anyhting, and all the posts are pink and all forums show up as having &quot;new&quot; posts. When I go in, theres nothing there I havn't already read.

I dont know why it happens. It's certainly not from me deleting my cookies. perhaps it's when rev-ed are messing with the forums it happens. I dunno. But...your not alone!

--Andy P