PICAXE features in Sparkfuns Latest Video Ad

MFB

Thanks for the link. I suppose we have to be grateful for any mention that Sparkfun gives the PICAXE, who seem to give it about as much support as an LED. In contrast, Sparkfun are now starting to provide Arduino code for some of their range of smart sensors.

westaust55

The solution might be that when a PICAXE user gets some code functional and well documented for a module or slightly "exotic" chip that they forward the program code to such companies as Sparkfun (maye even Futurlec) who sell the said module/chip and suggest that if they post the code example it might even increase their sales.

I noticed the other day that microMega Corp ( purveyors of FPU co-processors) do have a range of code/guides typically for PICAXE and Basic Stamps on their website.

D n T

good site, a bit inspirational but...

People, is it just me or do so many people who post videos about soldering missing the L?

There is an L in solder, so many people say sodder.

I can always tell when my students have looked it up on the net rather than actually done it, "Sir I know how to sodder", oh really now you will learn how to solder.

Total: 2 cents

Dippy

I hadn't noticed that.
Maybe it depends on American/English pronunciation?

And then the pronunciation becomes the 'correct' spelling because more and more people struggle with spelling.
I'm sure someone will list all the Olde Worlde sources.

After all, more and more people say aks (like axe) instead of ask.
Aks Jeeves or check your dickshunairy.

I'll stick with SoL-der as in SoLid.

John West

The solution might be that when a PICAXE user gets some code functional and well documented for a module or slightly "exotic" chip that they forward the program code to such companies as Sparkfun (maye even Futurlec) who sell the said module/chip and suggest that if they post the code example it might even increase their sales.

I noticed the other day that microMega Corp ( purveyors of FPU co-processors) do have a range of code/guides typically for PICAXE and Basic Stamps on their website.
An excellent idea. As I look around the web for sensors I'm also looking for PICAXE code to read them with. I'll leave it to others to reinvent the wheel. I'm still working on the zipper.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'm sure we'd also welcome the posting of example code for interfacing to other sensors even when Rev-Ed / Tech-Supplies do not stock specific sensors. The Code Snippets forum may be the best place but any appropriate Finished User Projects forum would be acceptable when it can be considered a project in its own right.

Rickharris

People, is it just me or do so many people who post videos about soldering missing the L?

There is an L in solder, so many people say sodder.

I can always tell when my students have looked it up on the net rather than actually done it, "Sir I know how to sodder", oh really now you will learn how to solder.

Total: 2 cents
American pronunciation - drives me nuts - They spell it like we do.

tjetson

If they were to pronounce the L, would they say it so it rhymes with their pronunciation of "sold her", or so it rhymes with "called her" ?

Dippy

Check out the online dics for pronunciation.
Personally, I would use the "sold her" as it reminds me of my ex-wife.

MFB

We Bristolians often add an extra ‘L’ just to be on the safe side. As in “I’m going to the operal tonight”.