Picaxe Books and Manuals

piclt

Has anyone read the green book Programming and Customising Picaxe Microcontroller as seen in the rev-ed shopping pages ?? Does it contain the same information as in CDs or Online manuals or is it additional or more detailed tehnical info etc.??
Is there any more books available on picaxe usage and programming??

thelabwiz

The green book is THE book for additional information on the PICAXE chips. If you read it *and* try all the examples, you'll be answering questions on the forum instead of asking them ;-)

John

D n T

If you read THE green book, it delves deeper than the manuals, I found that the data sheets on the sight were good but the examples were literal and didn't expand much, but still good.
Also, read the student exemplar projects, the programs they have expand on the basic examples in the manuals.
if you read the manuals, read the green book and check out the exemplar projects, you should be able to get there, otherwise check out the forums, including the previous ones.
If that doesn't work, post your query on the forum.
Then, have a play on bread board, if you get "magic smoke" out of your parts, you have learned what not to do and you won't do it again.
Persist and never give up!

And buy the book, its worth the money!!

Edited by - D n T on 13/01/2007 08:36:24

piclt

Thanks, I am a glutton for info, I'll buy the book, I just did'nt want to buy it and find out it was same as online docs. I have "played" with the Picaxe 08 and 18X etc, I think they are "magic", very powerfull and simple programming and comms.

manuka

For those who've just come in, this green book is (Australian) David Lincoln's. Check details &amp; reviewer comments (including my own)<A href='http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Customizing-PICAXE-Microcontroller-McGraw-Hill/dp/0071457658 ' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>. AFAIK program listings still have to be entered in manually,although David was considering online/emailed support as well. Stan