Picaxe 18X with KS0066 LCD Controller

thomasd

Hi,
I try a 18X Picaxe with 2x20 lcd display .

LCD module DATA VISION DV-20 208

http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/MDg0OTc4OTk-/Bauelemente/Aktiv/Displays/LCD_Modul_DATAVISION_DV_20208.html

Wired is all in how PicAxe Guide 3 interface (p. 38) and I try the local routine to get started (in 4 bit mode). The levels are also on the correct pins, the LCD so far I can only adjust the contrast.

Sticking point is probably the controller of the KS-0066 is supposed to be compatible HDD44780 ...

Has someone already brought this on PicAxe controller to work??

Thank you

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I don't know about this specific product but I'm sure people have got KS-0066 controllers to work with the PICAXE. A Forum "Search" ( under the top banner of the page ) should turn up some useful information.

westaust55

Is your wiring as per the LCD connection numbers in the diagram in PICAXE manual 3 page 38? :confused:
Note that the designations DB4 to DB7 are reversed on the diagram but the LCD pin numbers are correct.

If your wiring is correct then please post your program code for folks here to look at in case of a program error.

Last edited:

westaust55

Great to read that you have solved the problem.

@Rev Ed - we really do need to have those diagrams for the LCD connections corrected in Manual 3. It does seem to crop up from time to time as a source of problems.