PICAXE 18X+4x20 OLED display+4xDS18B20+DS1307

Pekari

Hi!

Is it possible to do this? I need to connect 4xDS18B20 in same line with DS1307 real time clock.

Can 18X even read multiple DS18B20 in 1 wire line?

Is there i2c OLED display with real time clock?

How I read multiple temperatures with 18X? (Owin and owout will not work.)

nick12ab

Is there i2c OLED display with real time clock?
Yes, buy the AXE033Y or an AXE033 and a AXE134Y. However the serial interface of the AXE134Y is easier to use and it's usually better to use the DS1307 direct with the master PICAXE.

How I read multiple temperatures with 18X? (Owin and owout will not work.)
Readtemp command.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Is it possible to do this? I need to connect 4xDS18B20 in same line with DS1307 real time clock.
You could perhaps build some hardware solution to only connect one device to the PICAXE at a time but no way to simply connect all devices to a single I/O line.

Buzby

The only way to communicate with multiple one-wire devices on the same I/O pin is to do a lot of OWIN and OWOUT. It's not easy, I know !

It would really useful if the READTEMP command could include an optional 'OW Serial number' as well as the 'pin' and 'variable' parameters.

We'll just have to wait for REV-ED to include it in some new firmware.

Cheers,

Buzby

westaust55

With an 18X that you mention, each DS18B2 MUST be on a separate input pin.

To have the four DS18B20 chips on a single pin you would need an X1 or X2 part then yo0u can use the 1-Wire network with the OWIN and OWOUT commands.
I have previously posted a tutorial on 1-Wire networks with program examples for many 1-Wire devices including multiple DS18B20's.

There are some other alternatives such as:
1. the Peter Anderson adapter: http://www.phanderson.com/stamp/onewire.html
2. there is an ic which connects to the i2c bus and acts as an adapter for 1-Wire devices (late-ish here so will let you do a search tonight)

Pekari

Thanks for all replies!

I decided to use PICAXE 18M2

If there isn't 4-line OLED-display with clock chip, I use AXE134Y and DS1307.

Pekari

I have search old posts but...
I can read data with readowsn command but how can I read temperature owin/owout commands without long code?

premelec

There is a unit the author called an 'arbiter' for his solar system which can read up to 64 sense units - 8 per line 8 separate pins not pre-built but code for a PIC is given - see anotherurl.com solar project logger - RS232 communication.