PIC Logicator programmer

Johnmb

I have an Economatics PIC Logicator programmer and I want to download a hex file to a PIC (not PICAXE). Can I do this using Logicator or is there a separate program available?
John

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Economatics Logicator for PIC micros Version 3 claims to be usable "to program all PICAXE chips and a range of standard PIC chips".

http://www.economatics-education.co.uk/secondary/education/90,94,0/1536/PIC-Logicator_Version_2.htm

I'm not intimately familiar with the product but I am sure it would require a specific PICmicro hardware programmer if it can do what you want. There may be further information in the associated Help files.

A PICmicro ( unless pre-programmed with a bootloader ) cannot be programmed without a hardware programmer. Most PICmicro hardware programmers have software which will allow a .HEX file to burned to the PICmicro though not all support the entire range of PICmicro devices.

Johnmb

Thank you for your reply. I can create a flowchart and download to a PIC via the Logicator programmer. What I would like to do is download a program in hex format to a PIC using the programmer. I would like to use the PIC Logicator program, but it only creates the hex download from a flowchart. I am looking for software other than PIC Logicator that can use the programmer to download hex to a PIC.
John

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
An old PIC-Logicator programmer and a BAS800 are basically the same thing (Revolution rebadged the programmers for Economatics). So you can use the 'BAS800 Serial PIC Programmer' software that is part of the PICAXE programming Editor install to program hex files.