PIC-Logicator error code: 6

Johnmb

I created a flowchart for a buggy and attempted to program a PIC type 16F84A and received the following error message:
Programming/File Error: File not found. Error Code: 6
I have Version 2 Build 62 installed and I am using the PIC-Logicator programmer.

Johnmb

The 16F84A is not a PICAXE. Can I create a BASIC program from the flowchart and program the PIC using from the program?

Johnmb

I found Version 1.6 still on my system and was able to program the 16F84A with it. PIC types other than PICAXE are listed on the 'choose type' menu, so I assumed I could burn a PIC from a flowchart for those non-PICAXE types as well.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The latest version of PIC-Logicator supports both traditional PIC programming (e.g. your 16F84A using the old Logicator programmer) and PICAXE downloads directly into PICAXE chips using the serial/usb cable (no programmer used).

But you can't mix the systems - you can't use PICAXE chips in the programmer or blank PICs via the PICAXE cable.

Johnmb

Yes, I understand that using the programmer may erase the PICAXE OS. I made the flowchart after designating the device to be a 16F84A (not a PICAXE) and received the error on selecting from the PIC menu the option 'Program PIC'.

Johnmb

Given the use of Logicator-L as described above, can you tell me what prompted the error code and what I need to change so that I can program a PIC using a flowchart?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You need to contact Economatics for questions like that, the PIC-L software is not a product of Revolution, and so not supported by, this forum.