PE6 - Invalid Query Dialog Box upon opening

mortifyu

Hi All,

I have this unusual thing happening when I open PE6 and also when I open the Terminal Window within PE6.

After clicking OK, the Editor is completely usable without issue, same at the terminal window, however I get this dialog box upon opening and I don't know why.

Not a single other program or operation throughout my entire system has this dialog popup, or operates incorrectly. Just PE6.

Since when? I think it was around the time a couple months ago when PE6 wouldn't run (which we collectively here on the forum worked out that it was something to do with an Avast update. However I now use another AV and thus PE6 functions again. I can't recall if it did or didn't have this Invalid Query dialog issue specifically since then though.

I have run the PE6 installer and chosen REPAIR, however this has not made any difference.

Invalid Query PE6.png

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Regards,
Mort.

PhilHornby

Perhaps it's "NET Framework" that needs repairing❓

You could go into "Windows Features" / "Turn Windows features on or off" and CLEAR the mark next to:
.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) - which should remove it.

When you click OK, it may ask for a Reboot - in which case do so. Then go back in and re-enable it (by clicking the box next to it). This should re-install it.

Also, if the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Education\PICAXE Editor\PicaxeEditor.exe.config" is present, then delete it. (It's not there by default and you may have created it, in order to try .NET Framework V4.8.1)