PE: Making the editor window text bigger?

Grogster

Hi - is there any way to make the code in the editor window bigger?
I find it is often too small and hard to see - for me, anyway.

I looked in the options under editor tab, and all the other tabs too, but could not find any font or text size options.

Is there any way to change this?

nick12ab

I don't see what the problem is - there's a drop down box just above the text editing area that allows you to pick the font size - it defaults to 10 but there's also 12, 16 and 20 on the list.

Grogster

So there is - Feck.

Did not even see that - probably due to the eyesight as mentioned above. ;)

Thanks - that fixed the problem completely - can't understand how I did not see that.... D'OH!!!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This is already in PE6, you can use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+0 through to Ctrl+9 for font size 10 to 19.
In PE5 use the drop down as Nick points out.

SAborn

This is already in PE6, you can use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+0 through to Ctrl+9 for font size 10 to 19.
Any reason you did not use Ctrl+and Ctrl- for these functions as most window based programs currently use of present, It would seem a logical function to adapt with current formats.

John West

Don't feel too bad, Grogster. It was two months before I learned the manuals were to be found within the PE, (then they weren't.)

It was a year before I read that I could just click on a topic in the PE and it would take me right there. I'd been tediously scrolling down to the correct page. Duh. Then when I open other PDF's, I now click on the index topics out of habit, and nothing happens. Just can't win. Life is consistently inconsistent.

Hemi345

What about an option to change the font to something else? Like the smoother syntax-friendly "Consolas".

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Any reason you did not use Ctrl+and Ctrl- for these functions as most window based programs currently use of present, It would seem a logical function to adapt with current formats.
Yes, it does that too.
What about an option to change the font to something else? Like the smoother syntax-friendly "Consolas".
PE6 has a powerful syntax colouring settings editor so you can choose any default font, size or colour for the different lexem types - even underlining if you want! The choice is yours.

nick12ab

Looks like you have to use the RTF mode. There's a font drop down box in colour syntax mode but it's disabled.

AXEpad has colour syntax and font selection.