PCB Layouts

Charliem

Hi,
I was wondering what program was used in making the PCB layouts? I can copy and paste in pcb wizard,but I am unable to view just the artwork.This is needed for printing on transfer paper for etching.

Mycroft2152

Diptrace works well for me for layouts when making pcbs by the Toner Transfer method.

Much easier to learn than EAGLE.
www.Diptrace.com

The free version allows up to 250 pins and there is no limit to board size.

Myc

Edited by - Mycroft2152 on 08/05/2007 04:43:30

Edited by - Mycroft2152 on 08/05/2007 06:41:59

inglewoodpete

Charlie, "making the PCB layouts" You've got me there. I don't think we've been told what the precise subject is yet.

Like, which PCB/s are you referring to?

Charliem

Sorry for not explaining well enough. IF you look at the PCB layouts for the picaxe boards they include the silkscreen. This won't work using the photo transfer method.I was wanting to know what program was used to make them so I could remove the silk screen. and print just the layout portion.I have PCB wizard,Eagle,diptrace.

HAZELEB

Charlie, If you go to the picaxe home page and click on PCB artwork from the list on the left it takes you to Making PCBs at the bottom of the page you will find the PCB Wizard Library files that can be downloaded.

RexLan

Probably will have to also install that SW so you can edit the art. Since it was also put into a .JPG file AutoCAD and other decent SW can't import it and take the silk off.

Mycroft2152

which ones are you looking for? I've made a couple of basic pcbs for the PICAXE chips in Diptrace. Email me at my gmail address and i'll send them.

Myc

Charliem

Well I down loaded the Pcb wizard files and I am unable to open them with pcb wizard. Mycroft2152,
Thanks for the offer.I can make them.I was wanting to take advantage of what was there.Thanks.

Marcwolf

Hi Mycroft
Can you tell us more about the toner transfer system. I have a laser printer and have often found that it be very handy to make some PCS's.

Many thanks

Dave

Charliem

Hi MarcWolf,
Take a look here:
<A href='http://www.pulsarprofx.com/PCB/a_Pages/1_Menu/overview.html' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>

Mycroft2152

Toner Transfer is an inexpensive method to make pcbs. You don&quot;t need to buy that film, a number of regular papers will work. They need a little more soaking to remove. Glossy magazine pages work well too.

It takes a little practice to &quot;iron&quot; out the bugs and get is just right. There is a Yahoo group called Homebrew PCBS that discusses all the different ways to make pcbs, photo, toner transfer, milling and direct to pcb inkjet.

SSilver2k2

hey myc, the direct email feature is suspended. Do you think you could send me the pcb files you made?

my gmail is silver2k AT gmail.com

Mycroft2152

What pcbs are you looking for.?
mycroft2152 AT gmail.com
I'm also on gtalk and Yahoo messenger as Mycroft2152. I am in the northeast US, so its the eastern time zone

Myc

Mycroft2152

Do you have the Rev_ED pcb mount stereo jack? I also use 3 in-line pads for molex plugs, or non-pcb mount jacks.

Myc

G

Hi Mycroft2152,
Yes I have a few of the 3.5mm stereo jacks and I also use the 3 inline conectors.

Edited by - on 09/05/2007 19:37:06

Edited by - on 09/05/2007 19:37:38

Charliem

Myc,
I tried to email you at the email address you gave ,but outlook does not recognize it as a valid email address.

Edited by - charliem on 10/05/2007 01:15:32

Bob Elton

Rexlan: I think Charliem was simply putting a grammatical full-stop at the end of his sentence - that would be my guess.

Mycroft2152

To make things a bit weasier. I have posted a number of PICAXE related files in Diptrace format on the PICAXE_Circuits Yahoo group.

Included also are graphic libraries for PICAXE and other components.

Here is the link to the PICAXE-18 pcb
<A href='http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PICAXE_circuits/files/Diptrace%20files/Rev-Ed%20boards/PICAXE-18%20%20PCB/' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PICAXE_circuits/files/Diptrace%20files/Rev-Ed%20boards/PICAXE-18%20%20PCB/

Myc