paste function

Charliem

Hi all,

I am running the latest version of Prog edit 504.If I try to copy some code say from the forum and then paste it in the editer instead if pasting virtical it pastes across the screen.Like if you type something in notepad with wordwrap off.The text just goes across the screen.Anyone else have this problem?Thanks. Charlie

Dippy

I suppose its because the forum does the wordwrap for you. Sorry to state obvious.

I've never tried it but does it paste OK if people used the Basic programme code tags?

I suppose you are really asking if someone has a cunning plan other than enthusiastic use of the Enter/Return key?

Jeremy Leach

Hi

I've not updated yet, but have tried pasting into Windows Notepad(TM) - and for code that's been posted using the 'Code' protocol I get the same as you.

However when I paste to Word(TM) it pasted fine. And if I then copy paste from Word(TM) to NotePad(TM) it works fine ! Not sure why though....maybe it's to do with auto-insertion of carriage return and/or linefeed characters on pasting.

Edited by - Jeremy Leach on 17/11/2006 15:09:53

eclectic

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/forum/Topic.asp?topic_id=4434&forum_id=10&Topic_Title=Handy%2BTip%2Bfor%2BCopying%2BCode&forum_title=Software+Feedback

Thanks to Hippy.

e.