Paging Technical, RE: VNC1L

Coyoteboy

I noticed you recommended, some time ago, the VNC1L kits for datalogging (Via SPI?) to USB flash drives - have you actually done this or was it a "that looks like the best solution"? I'm tempted to give one a try, for the princely sum of £14 lol.

BCJKiwi

Search the Forum for VDrive2.
VDrive2 is the complete USB module incorporating the VNC1L chip and sold by Rev-Ed and others.

Works well with serial. Cumbersome with bitbang SPI, no success reported (that I've seen) with HSPI.

Have a VDrive2 languishing in the 'Failed Experiments' bin for want of HSPI (any offers?). Now using uALFAT with i2c.

Coyoteboy

Hmmm I'll have a scoot round and see it.I'll need SPI as the data im logging is coming in over serial at a pretty high rate (either 9600 or, if i dont use us an 'axe) 115K. As for the offer - I would but i think the shipping to the UK would be more than the cost of buying one new here!

BCJKiwi

Well you don't need spi if you can use i2c - if you use a device that supports it! - e.g. the uALFAT. uALFAt works well on the 28X1 - see sample code on the forum.