Do you ever get e-mails ending with:-

Sent from myiPad
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my Blackberry
Etc...Etc...

from now on I think I will sign

Sent from my clapped out PC

Clockwork

P.S. Any other interesting suggestions? - (Preferably not obscene or illegal)

nick12ab

Not another signature, but in my opinion "sent from my iPhone" and similar is quite irritating and can be an invitation for muggers.

MartinM57

...from my Aspire-1 in Laguna Beach, LA :D

EDIT:Hmm, maybe Laguna Beach isn't in LA, seeing that it's in Orange County. US geography still confuses me...

Last edited:

papaof2

Do you ever get e-mails ending with:-

Sent from myiPad
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my Blackberry
I think this is advertising inserted by the email program on the device. If the sender is in Germany, the signature is in German and so forth.

John

manuka

Aside from country of origin insights, a modest benefit in such signatures is that they alert to your hardware's capabilities (or lack of). Knowing the sender's possibly constrained circumstances may ease ones frustrations with messages featuring associated typos, cryptic phrases,txt speak or Google Translates.

fritz42_male

Personally I think it's a bit pretentious and I've altered the sig on my iPad to say that.

(sent from my Commodore Pet 8K via IEEE488 link to a TRS80 and then via 110 Baud Acoustic coupler to my home based ICL1902C and via that to the Cix dial-up BBS with an automatic echo to this forum)

westaust55

Aside from country of origin insights, a modest benefit in such signatures is that they alert to your hardware's capabilities (or lack of). Knowing the sender's possibly constrained circumstances may ease ones frustrations with messages featuring associated typos, cryptic phrases,txt speak or Google Translates.
Very true.

Maybe I should do the same when responding on this forum via my iphone while in transit. It certainly introduces more typos as a consequence of small screen area and big fingers and small key syndrome.

I don't generally bother trying to do too many, if any, emails form my phone.

And . . . although I don't deny that could live without such a signature, cannot see how such it is an invitation to muggers as nick12ab suggests above.
The potential mugger would have no idea where I am located at the instant of a post and I very likely have travelled through several cell/mobile phone reception "zones" while responding.

Last edited: