OT: Any contacts in Tonga?

JimPerry

Any Picaxe/contacts in Tonga? I need to send T$ 50 to the government from UK and the main banks say no! :confused:

PM me if you can help.
Thanks

ZOR

I might be completely wrong but can you send it through Thomas Cook. I sent US Dollars to someone in China last year. Also Western Union send money. I did a Google on "Send Money to Tonga" and got lots of results. Regards

manuka

I need to send T$ 50 to the government from UK
Surely not a parking fine!? NZ & Tonga are mutually friendly,& I can probably help (having recently been in Tonga on a project). Your request however is a bit hazy - how is the money to be actually paid over? Stan.

JimPerry

Need to pay the Tongan Government T$50 for copies of my stepson's birth and adoption certificates. It's a stupidly small amount - the bank wanted twice as much to even do a cheque - and then said that Tonga is not on the list!

I need someone closer to accept Paypal and then transfer direct to the Tongan bank - then they will post the certificates to my wife in the UK.

The Tongan Paanga is an obscure currency in UK and most of the Pacific transfer agents don't accept payments from UK - or only let you pickup the cash in Tonga, no transfer to bank account.

Any help appreciated :eek:

ZOR

Think he wants to send Tongan dollars.
I keep getting the same letters from Nigeria, I'm waiting for 1M Dollars left to me, just need to send arrangement fees to them. !!

EDIT Sorry Jim, just saw your last message as I posted this. Was only being lighthearted after the other replies.
Hope you get it sorted.

EDIT I went on the Thomas Cook website, and clicked on Transfer Money Online. It took me to a page where currencies could be selected which included Tonga. Might be worth calling them to see if you can get anywhere

http://www.thomascook.com/travel-money/money-transfer/

Last edited:

JimPerry

You can only send US$ through them - the Tongan Government accept only Tongan Paanga for small amounts :(