Opening PE6 Full Screen

benbaker7

Hi Folks.. Seem to recall there was an easy fix to open PE6 in full screen mode in a previous thread, but a search didn't reveal it. My problem is that no matter what I try, including shutting down from full screen, reloading the editor still comes up as a reduced size. Nor does there appear to be anything in the Options. It's easy enough to go to full screen of course, but its annoying.
Can anyone provide a solution, please. Not that it matters too much I suppose, but I'm using Windows 10.

Ben Baker

benbaker7

Hi Folks.. Seem to recall there was an easy fix to open PE6 in full screen mode in a previous thread, but a search didn't reveal it. My problem is that no matter what I try, including shutting down from full screen, reloading the editor still comes up as a reduced size. Nor does there appear to be anything in the Options. It's easy enough to go to full screen of course, but its annoying.
Can anyone provide a solution, please. Not that it matters too much I suppose, but I'm using Windows 10.

Ben Baker
Don't worry about it guys. Thanks for reading anyway. The solution was provided some years ago by, of course, Hippy.
Strange I couldn't find it in a search.

Ben Baker

micrometal

It is unfortunate that you did not say what the fix was - it might have helped me solve my problem. I have the opposite question - "How do you not open PE6 in full-screen mode?"

benbaker7

It is unfortunate that you did not say what the fix was - it might have helped me solve my problem. I have the opposite question - "How do you not open PE6 in full-screen mode?"

Hello Micrometal. Hippy's suggestion (worked for me) was to click on the Picaxe icon on the desktop, select 'properites', click on the 'short cut' tab at the top, select 'run' then 'maximise', then 'apply' (lower right of the screen) then 'ok'. Whilst I haven't had the necessity to try it, one of the other two options other than 'maximise', (as your default setting probably is) may well solve your problem.

Hope this is helpful, but full credit to Hippy. Nice to be able to 'give' rather than 'take' from the forum.

Ben Baker

micrometal

Hi @benbaker7. Thanks for the response, but this didn't work for me. I get full screen whatever shortcut setting I use. But now I know that it is possible to change I will poke around a little more.

benbaker7

Hello Micrometal. Your results are most strange. I set my shortcut to minimise and got the expected reduced size screen (subjectively 80%), then set it to maximise and got a full screen opening, so everything works as expected. Sorry, can't help anymore. See if you can illicit a response from someone cleverer than me.

Ben Baker

benbaker7

Another thought. I suppose you are set up as Administrator on your machine? Won't allow you to change settings unless you are. Bit obvious, I suppose.

Ben Baker

Last edited: