OLED Display with clock option problems

KenneyW64

On the above I wish to use only in the serial data input mode with a picaxe 20M2. I have no problems writing characters to the 2x16 line module which has been
setup as in the AXE033Y data sheet.
The problem arrises when I wish to set the date and time into the DS1307 clock ic using the serout command C.7,N2400, (253,0," date + time") as per data sheet.
Displaying the time gives the result of "00/00/00 00:00", obviously the data has not been sent via the SDA & SCA lines from the Pic firmware ic on the clock module.
Monitoring the SDA & SCL pins on the DS1307 ic no signals are present when the serout command is executed.

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Circuit

Firstly, welcome to PICAXE Forum.
Have you checked that you are sending precisely sixteen characters? It is very easy to forget the two trailing spaces in the command line which can make nothing happen.

stevesmythe

Check you have a good regulated 5v on the OLED/RTC module. I have found that a 4.5v supply shared between the OLED/RTC module and the Picaxe is insufficient to set the clock on the DS1307.

Circuit

Check you have a good regulated 5v on the OLED/RTC module. I have found that a 4.5v supply shared between the OLED/RTC module and the Picaxe is insufficient to set the clock on the DS1307.
Good point; there is quite a lot on the forum regarding power supplies for the AXE033. Please refer to page 5 of the datasheet with regard to shorting out the power supply diode if you are using 4.5 volts. Also, have a look at this entry http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?22274-Serial-Clock-Module-Frustrations&p=218602&viewfull=1#post218602 for further information.

For your information as a new member, Hippy is one of the most informative sources on this forum; he is PICAXE Technical.