Newb with Verification Error

Revolvr

Hi all,

I am new to PICs, just got the Experimenter's Board with the 18X and a USB adapter cable. I having download problems I'd say about 50% of the time. Sometime during the download I get this: Error - Memory Verification Failed (Byte XX) where XX changes each time. However the download always works fine - so far, but these are very short Hello World LED blinker programs.

This is a new board I soldered together from the kit. I am using the 18X supplied, a USB cable purchased, with the latest driver downloaded and installed. It is powered by 3 fresh Alkaline AA batteries providing 4.6 volts. The firmware is V8.6.

Any ideas on what the problem is or how to debug it?

Thanks,

-- Dan

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This is normal a power issue or soldering around the serial download. Check the soldering around the 10k/22k resistors, and that you have them in the correct positions!

Revolvr

I think I found the problem. Posting the solution for in case others make my mistake.

When I bought the Experimenter's kit from www.tech-supplies.co.uk I also bought their USB to Serial cable. I had assumed that was the same one from PICAXE so I used the driver I downloaded from this site. Wrong driver, I should have downloaded the driver from where I purchased the cable.

- Dan