New VSM Component Model

retepsnikrep

Can anyone help me with creating a VSM model for a MAX6956 28pin dil device, two of which Maxim very kindly sent me as samples.

To say i'm a begginer with VSM is fair, could anyone give me a hand creating this chip? Does anyone already have a model for it?

Thanks

retepsnikrep

OK I have had a go and editied a Picaxe 28 component model as i don't envisage ever using that chip.

I decomposed it and edited the pins, I then used the make device command and saved it under user DVC list with a new name, but I can't connect to the pins. They all have little x on them. Any hints? :confused:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
To create a model you need to do all the SPICE behind it as well, not just edit a component. This is do-able but is very complex!

Or are you just trying to make a 'schematic' symbol that does not simulate.

retepsnikrep

Technical, any further help? I just need a schematic component but can't seem to make my editied 28A live again so i can connect to it. :confused:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You have followed the correct process - decompose a item, edit the pins text, drag a box around the whole area to select everything and then make it into a new component.

Sounds like when you rebuilt it something went wrong - try again. Or post the .dsn file so we can have a look.

Also make sure it is 'excluded from simulation' in its properties when running a simulation or the simulation will fail.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Works fine for us.

Drag a big box around all the parts including the pins. Right click and make device. Click OK to everything until the end and then save in desired library, normally your userdvc.

Then go to Library>Pick Device, search for the part you just added and then add to design as normal.

We think you may be confused with the 'bits' left on the design - this is not the new component, just the bits you used to make the new component! These bits can just be deleted, you need to add your new part to the design to actually use it.

retepsnikrep

We think you may be confused with the 'bits' left on the design - this is not the new component, just the bits you used to make the new component! These bits can just be deleted, you need to add your new part to the design to actually use it.
;) Ah Ha Thanks

1dgjctgmln1

VSM model

I want to simulate a 74HCT14 in a circuit I'm building. I picked it out of the VSM library but when I did build the circuit it came back with an error message that it needed me to pick which model(?). I don't know what that means. If it means a different package for this IC I just it to simulate the effects that a generic 74HCT14 would have on this circuit.