modified servo stop and fail reserved words file

2 questions really. the first is to do with my code, second is programming errors.

i have modified 2 servo motors so that they drive continuasly and are speed controlled by the pwm value. in the ocde, i wish that at a point they stop driving, however they seem to stop and continue to drive. does anyone know what value is used to stop a modified servo?

or would i need to attaach servo to another command, such as...

servo1. .----|. . . .|----servo command pin
. . . . . . . . . .|.AND|----o/p pin to activate drive
servo2. .----|. . . .|----servo command pin
. . . . . . . . . .|.AND|----o/p pin to activate drive

ie using 2 and gates to turn them on/off etc??

im sure i have worded the question ina way no one understands so i will clarify if needed.

2. i dl the new program editor onto my laptop, and everytime i open the options pane and close it, or start a new program window, i got an error message.

"failed to open reserved words file"

anyone know what this means, it programs me chips well so...

also i read a message anbout changing the setting to enhanced on the options > editor menu. however this doesnt work for me, and comes up with lots of errors.

im going to try and reload the programming editor so maybe this will fix??

thanks.
nat

Edited by - Roboteernat on 18/02/2007 11:17:37

Edited by - roboteernat on 18/02/2007 11:18:30

Edited by - roboteernat on 18/02/2007 11:19:06

BeanieBots

The reserved word bit has come up before. I can't remember the solution but a search should find it.

To stop the modified servo, you need to bring the signal low. As you have found, sending a 1.5mS pulse will make it drift. Even if you calibrate your servo for no servo movement, it will be slightly different the next day. The only way to completely stop it is to dissable the drive which will happen when no servo pulses are received.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
'Reserved words' issue normally occurs when someone has used the wrong patch version (from X to Z rather than patch which is only Y to Z etc.) The other issues also indicate incorrect installation.

Simply uninstalling and then reinstalling the full version should resolve the issues.