Micro SD

frankilische

Please i am trying to see if i could save data from a sensor network into a MICRO-SD card. i am actually using the picaxe connnect (AXE210) board and would need suggestions on how to get this done. basically i am trying to see if i could rule out the use of a computer connected to the coordinatior node and i hence assume that the coordinator which receives data from the other terminal nodes does not need the MAX 3232 chip but rather a picaxe chip since there is no computer connected to it. I hope i am right on that. Any suggestions on how to get this done would be appreciated. The big picture is having a sensor network with its coordinator node connected to a Micro-sd card where it can save data to be used later on instead of having a computer on all the time.

MFB

The simplest approach that I have found is to send serial data to an OpenLog SD interface board( http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530 ). This board just accepts any serial data thrown at it and stores it in a PC compatible format. Just remove the SD card and plug it into a PC slot, then use notepad to read and export the data to Excel. At about £15 for this board its really not worth trying to develop your own interface code. Unless you plan on producing large numbers of your loggers.

frankilische

The simplest approach that I have found is to send serial data to an OpenLog SD interface board( http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530 ). This board just accepts any serial data thrown at it and stores it in a PC compatible format. Just remove the SD card and plug it into a PC slot, then use notepad to read and export the data to Excel. At about £15 for this board its really not worth trying to develop your own interface code. Unless you plan on producing large numbers of your loggers.
Thanks for the response, I would love to try that out, since it astores serial data in PC compatible format. I was just looking through the Open Log SD interface board from the link you provided and was just trying to figure out a way to connect both boards. I mean the AXE 210 board and the OpenLog board. I guess the both grounds from both boards and the respective output pin from my software program would be connected to the RXI pin on the Open log board. Am i right on that?

Thanks once again for the response

MFB

The connects are as follows: OpenLog PICAXE
1&2 ground
3 +supply
4 serial in
5 serial out
6 +supply

Hope the formatting of the post stays much the same.

MFB

The formatting did get screwed up! What you see above is the ProLog pins on the left and the PICAXE connections on the right.