message for flyingnunrt

in reply to:

How about some info on the golf ball following robot, please.
That is just so good.
I assume it is picaxed.
Were you involed with the autonomous following transport robot as well?
I would like to be able to build something like that.
Unfortunatly, that was a project for another moodule, and we were learning vhdl language using Quartus v6, and it was not a picaxe, twas a vga camera connected to an fpga chip running at 24Mhz. Although it looks simpole to develope, it took us about 8 weeks of 4hr labs a week, with 3 people and lecturers and a basic design to get it working.
I doubt very much that the picaxe could work at the speeds and resulution required for programming and connecting to a vga camera opperating in YUV mode.

I would love to have one of these myself but the albot platform is a very expensive robot, just the motors cost something like £60 each - they were university grade robot footballers and cost quite abit, the fpga we are programming cost about £40!

its quite fun really knowing if u place something incorrectly, it could destry hundreds of pounds! im only really used to blowing £4 picaxe chips before i came to this lol

i can send you my report for the camera if you like, place ur email if u wish for it.

i would love to see a picaxe chip project like this, tis a shame that the closetst we may come t it is the colour detection cmodule currently available!

flyingnunrt

Thats a pity, but couldn't a more rudimentary device be built using say 3 or 4 utra sonic transmitters reading three different reflected tone bursts or something and a less sophisticated buggy?