Merry Picaxe.

Minifig666

Indeed Merry Christmahanukwanzakah or Atheistmas to all! (Tomorrow for the Australians)
How about some fun Christmas jokes?

Why is Santa always so jolly?
He knows where all the naughty girls live!

Who hides in a bakery at Christmas?
A mince spy!

What's Santa's wife called?
Mary Christmas!

Ok, I'll stop now. Anyone else want a go?

John West

Sneezin's Greetin's! Hail Odin! And have a heavy holiday (of whatever flavor) to all, and to all a good byte. Word.

A special holiday greeting to those who have freely spread extra components around the forum. Folks who support the forum with a year-round Christmas spirit are a joy to know. Besides, they are fun to try getting even with. :)

Last edited:

papaof2

Indeed Merry Christmahanukwanzakah or Atheistmas to all! (Tomorrow for the Australians)
How about some fun Christmas jokes?

Why is Santa always so jolly?
He knows where all the naughty girls live!

Who hides in a bakery at Christmas?
A mince spy!

What's Santa's wife called?
Mary Christmas!

Ok, I'll stop now. Anyone else want a go?

What does the Gingerbread Man put on his bed?

'
'
'
'
'
'
'

Cookie sheets.

John

KingsJester89

Merry Picaxemas to all.

I've never actually posted a question, (I like to solve problems myself).
But this forum has provided so many answers (especially from members such as Dippy, Hippy, Westaust55, Technical and others) Merry Christmas & Happy new year.

Minifig666, I’ll leave you with this joke: Why is Santa’s sack so full?:confused:

…Because he only comes once a y:eek:… Actually I’ll show myself out.:D

Dippy

If you add "...and that's down the chimney." to that punchline it becomes the answer to:-
"Why hasn't Santa got any kids?"

Terrible joke.

Happy Christmas all and I hope you all have a prosperous New Year.

westaust55

Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year
to one and all

With the UK virtuallly snowed in by all accounts, Floods on the eastern side of Aust in recent days and more summer time floods 800 km to the north of us,
we are going to turn on some warm weather in Perth (Western Australia) to help Santa dry out.
38 degC predicted here for Christmas day.

Remember to fish those new PICAXE chips out of your Christmas Socks/Stockings or you will feel the legs . . . err pins in your toes :eek:.

IAO

Hello...

Ha ha ha ha... Happy days...

Edit : Imagine a really good Christmas picture here

I see the picture in other forum...

Ha ha ha ha to all people, happy days.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SAborn

If you are old enough for colourful language, and dont mind some very course use of language, then have a listen to this Christmas song.

Warning to Dippy......it contains swear words :D

Edit : A bit too colourful for a direct link from the forum I'm afraid. A search on kevin wilson christmas will let those old enough find it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minifig666

Ey up, that's a bit naughty!

Lucky you westy. So far here it's been down to -12.5 degC! Not good for the water mains! In the last hour I've had 4" of snow. Might have to fly over to Oz quickly for Christmas.

cdngunner

Ey up, that's a bit naughty!

Lucky you westy. So far here it's been down to -12.5 degC! Not good for the water mains! In the last hour I've had 4" of snow. Might have to fly over to Oz quickly for Christmas.

You Brits.........

When I was a young kid growing up here in Canada we used to live in snow banks thru the winter cause we couldn't find our house in all the snow.....

Dippy

But surely all your neighbours were doing the same thing?

Didn't that make you a little pi$$ed off? ;)

And when you found the right place did you say "Urine luck, you've found it."

SABorn: I won't look. I'm easily shocked by coarse language.

Now, here's a non-interesting thing:
What was the name of the first rabbit to be put in the first MRI scanner and where was it done?
Clue: It wasn't Nesbit.
The correct country gets 1 point, the correct city gets 2 points and the exact place gets 10 points.
Points will be deducted if they saw it on TV last night.

Last edited:

Minifig666

Ah, but Dippy, do you know where the first mass producers of penicillin got their sample from? A point for getting: what they got it from, where they got the thing they got it from, and how they found it.
Oh, and 50 points for explaining my username, there are two reasons for the 666 bit.

Last edited:

Andrew Cowan

What was the name of the first rabbit to be put in the first MRI scanner and where was it done?
The correct country gets 1 point, the correct city gets 2 points and the exact place gets 10 points.
Google doesn't know. All I could find was a picture of a bag or rabbit food, sorry.

I'll have to guess:
Name: Rob the Rabbit
Place: Wareham veterinary centre

Did I win?

Andrew

Last edited:

cdngunner

But surely all your neighbours were doing the same thing?

Didn't that make you a little pi$$ed off? ;)

And when you found the right place did you say "Urine luck, you've found it."

SABorn: I won't look. I'm easily shocked by coarse language.

Neighbours a hundreds of mile apart. I know that some of you beer guzzling ruffians there might have a bladder big enough to leave a trail that long but no one here in Canada.

Are we allowed to google???

All the American sights say it was Damadian

but.....

According to Medical Research Council (UK)
1973: MRI invented
Sir Peter Mansfield devised a way to harness cells’ natural magnetic properties to produce images of soft tissues in humans, leading to the development of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Today, all major UK hospitals have whole-body MRI scanners.

The inventors link below however has a more complete story...
The 2003 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to Paul C Lauterbur and Peter Mansfield for their discoveries concerning magnetic resonance imaging.

According to the Wikipedia page below, Paul Lauterbur worked at Illinois State later, but the early development of the MRI machine took place at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.

Raymond Damadian - First Patent in the Field of MRI. You could say he was the inventor too. Officially he was the inventor of a "precursor" of the current machines

cdngunner

Ah, but Dippy, do you know where the first mass producers of penicillin got their sample from? A point for getting: what they got it from, where they got the thing they got it from, and how they found it.
Oh, and 50 points for explaining my username, there are two reasons for the 666 bit.

You are the devil with a small penis covered by a fig leaf??????

eclectic

Andrew.
Google doesn't but there IS another way.
I've found it, but I won't spoil the hunt for others.
Dippy gave a HUGE clue.
I won't hammer the point any more.
Wil I?

e

cdngunner

Well folks. Got to leave my igloo, hook up my dogs to the sled and visit the family for Christmas. Hopefully I can find the right yellow line to follow.

Best to you all!

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
What was the name of the first rabbit to be put in the first MRI scanner and where was it done? ... Points will be deducted if they saw it on TV last night.
Watched the programme and still had to go Googling for any of the answers. I guess that's a negative score :)

Dippy

Oh Google ... That's going to become my newest profanity. I'll use it instead of f*** ;)

It's 'site' not 'sight' - that's easy to see.

The Rabbit?
Clue: What's Billie Piper's real first name?
The Place: Hammersmith Hospital.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x13kj/How_Science_Changed_Our_World/

"Is Nesbit an anagram of something?"
- yes. It's an anagram of "wasting several days thinking of ways to keep control of a rabbit and then eventually nothing was done as usual and the rabbit got eaten".
Though some of the letters were removed for ease of spelling.

Last edited:

inglewoodpete

"Is Nesbit an anagram of something?"
- yes. It's an anagram of "wasting several days thinking of ways to keep control of a rabbit and then eventually nothing was done as usual and the rabbit got eaten".
I don't agree: not a time waster but a lot of fun. Nesbit the rabbit set a "first" for the forum. The first thread to break the 100-post barrier.

SAborn

Put the rabbit back in your hat.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Its well past Xmas beerOclock here, and i have done my share to support the local brewery.
It would seem the rest of the world has a hangover to catch up on, so suffer!!

Wishing a special Christmas to Hippy, and Dippy for their forum ongoing support and humor. (and i didn't think the poms had a sense of humor........proven wrong....)

Also wish Dippy the very best in his new venture for hex 7D8.

Pete.

manie

Maybe a bit late but..............

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all Christians.
To other religions, enjoy the holidays.........