Making code fit the screen questions? Need help.

Rbeckett

Ladies and gents,
I am trying to post a code set that I have been working on, but cannot make the code box narrow enough to be able to read the code and remarks. If I copy the code from PE using the right click, select all and copy commands, it is way to wide to be usable on the forum, since it puts the scroll tabs off screen to the right. How do you narrow the copied code enough to fit it in the code window, yet still retain the remarks for clarity? TIA for the help.
Bob

alband

Not sure how you would go about 'narrowing' your code but you can save it then post it as an attachment instead? (paper clip near the font colour dropdown menu at the top of the message box)

Rbeckett

Thank You Alband. I did not want to post the original since it made the scroll bar disappear and a pain in the neck to read. I'll do it that way!!!
Bob

Pauldesign

It's easy and it's just your settings in PE.

Assuming PE is open already; click on Options in the menu bar/then Editor Tab/then tick wrap long lines.

Doing so will shrink the comment fields and the code to fit on screen but it will look distorted. :rolleyes:

Just remember to put the code in between # # (use but the one in the forum reply message window and not that in the keyboard) when posting. ;)

westaust55

It's easy and it's just your settings in PE.

Assuming PE is open already; click on Options in the menu bar/then Editor Tab/then tick wrap long lines.

Doing so will shrink the comment fields and the code to fit on screen but it will look distorted. :rolleyes:

Just remember to put the code in between # # (use but the one in the forum reply message window and not that in the keyboard) when posting. ;)
You are seemingly a few hours behind PaulD.
RBeckett posted as an attachement in a new thread as suggested by alband some hours ago . . .
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16464

Last edited:

Pauldesign

You are seemingly a few hours behind PaulD.
RBeckett posted as an attachement in a new thread as suggested by alband some hours ago . . .
Yeah West you're right, SA and USA, 6 Hrs separates us and that's the pros and cons. ;)

Nevertheless, he shouldn't have open a new thread on the same subject. :rolleyes: