Lost new post when login timed out

e024576

I just spent 90 minutes writing a very complete new post to this forum, but when I went to submit it, I got an error saying I was no longer logged in so it seems to have lost all my work. VERY VERY UNHELPFUL!!!

westaust55

There is an autosave feature on the forum.

In the words of Technical:
Auto-save saves your latest editor text (into your account in the system database) every minute. If your browser crashes or you have a power cut etc. etc. the next time you start the editor (i.e. you restart a new post/reply) you will automatically get a 'Restore Auto Save' button at the bottom of the editor allowing you to restore the old text if you want to. It only saves the last text you were working on, so is overwritten every time you start a new post / reply.

darb1972

I know how you feel. Happened to me but fortunately on a smaller post. Unless I am posting a short thread or reply, I usually type in Word. Not only ensures I don't lose content but also does spell check.

srnet

For anything long, I would always type it in my Wordprocessor, that has 5 min autosave and autorecovery on crash.

If PC Hardware, software, my WiFi router, my Internet connection, the remote Website, power supplies and myself of course, never failed or created errors, then Autosave or backups would not be necessary.