Loss of “pha555”

TAMeyer

In the process of writing a support request to Dr. Anderson concerning his LCD-117 driver chip,
I went looking for his email address on http://www.phanderson.com.

I found it....and this saddening text on the following line.

“Peter passed away on September 19,2012. I have taken much of his stuff off the website until we have a better handle on what and where his stock is. The pixaxe chips are still available.”

The entry appears to have been made by an associate, and indeed, all products aside from PICAXE have been removed.

Thank You Doctor,
Rest In Peace.

premelec

Truly a great loss - he introduced me to PICAXEs way back and supplied many good pieces of code and introduced new products and ideas and helped many students in the real world... thanks Dr. Anderson for all you did for our art and future coders- R.I.P.

JoeFromOzarks

Dr. Anderson touched a great many lives, including mine. The Picaxe (and many other communities) will miss him. His influences will stretch on to future generations of hobbyists too. Thank you Dr. Anderson!

joe

techElder

End - Of - Line

Rest In Peace

Does anyone have first hand experience with Dr. Anderson? It would be nice to hear from someone that was actually a student or associate.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Peter was a great friend of the PICAXE community as well as a stimulating and dedicated educational leader. He will be greatly missed by everyone at Revolution.

lbenson

I had been buying odds and ends off of Dr. Anderson's site from time to time when I saw his "Amazing Picaxe" link. That brought me to the picaxe, and I haven't strayed, and haven't stopped being amazed.

I'm sorry to hear of Dr. Anderson's death--he was truly dedicated to serving the hobby community both as an innovator and as a low-cost supplier of sometimes hard-to-get parts (and even harder-to-get information).

yv1hx

Prof. Anderson was a long seasoned radio amateur with call sing KZ3K, also was IEEE Senior Member.

KZ3K S.K. de YV1HX

erco

So sorry to hear that, 66 is too young. Peter was an icon in the electronics community and his many contributions were significant. He was quick to reply to emails and always very helpful. I will miss him personally and professionally. He was (and hopefully phanderson) remains my preferred US source for Picaxes & parts.

Jeff Haas

I'd been planning on buying some more Picaxes, and after I saw these notices, and that his site was still active, I put in an order for some 08M2s and 14M2s. It was filled and mailed the next day. So someone is looking after the site.

fernando_g

For a very challenging project I had, I went to his website and found a routine that with minor modifications, performed exactly for my needs.
In the meanwhile, it helped me learn the technique to use lookup tables to calculate non-linear values.

I also purchased many Picaxes and related stuff from him.

Will be deeply missed.

RonCzap

Sorry for the duplicate post about Peter Anderson. I looked thru the forum index for his name before posting but pha555 didn't ring a bell.

I purchased most of my Picaxe chips from his web site. Not very many suppliers in the U.S.

Rest in Peace

Pauldesign

I once randomly come across his website (i've forgotten what i was looking for) and was very resourceful.

He's dead but his legacy will forever lives on.

RIP Sir :(

SAborn

One of the most fairest vendors in the business was Peter, several times i ordered chips and paid what i expected, only to receive a refund credited to my account, because of chip lot deals i over looked or postage charge changes.
The simple matter of honest trading with good pricing and quick service always put Peter in high respect to me as a picaxe vendor.

Picaxe and vendors will always live on, but Peter's service will be greatly missed.

Perhaps Rev-ed could offer some arrangement to the beneficence of Peter's work to ensure it has a rightful place, and not lost for ever along with the great man himself.

RIP Pete.

mrburnette

One of the most fairest vendors in the business was Peter, <...>

RIP Pete.

I second. Imagine my surprise last year when I placed a rather large order with Pete and he subsequently placed a ship-to me with another vendor! Seems he got a quantity discount on the item, did a proxy sell, and then refunded me the excess! A fine man and while my conversations with him via email were few, he always had great insight and inspiration to share.

- Ray

Michael 2727

One of the most fairest vendors in the business was Peter,
I have not been here for many months, Sad News to hear, I need to drop in more often.

Peter really looked after his customers, with every order of Chips you always got the download resistors thrown in for free,
not that I needed them, I have hundreds. If prices had changed or you doubled up on the postage Peter would return the
change even if it was only a few cents. Peter made shopping a pleasant experience with plenty of support on his website also.
Pity there are not a few more like Peter.

R.I.P. Peter

-Michael

Last edited:

SgtB

I will miss the hand drawn diagrams, and the 1/2W resistors. RIP Mr. Anderson. I never met you but I'll miss you. :(

mkollenaar

Sad news indeed. I came along his website looking for some of his clear information about solving problems with PICAXES.

Rest in peace, Peter.

Just a customer who's using your PICAXE board.