Looking for PICAXE 28X-5V

Goeytex

I suspect that the since this chip (28X2-5V) has been deprecated, that only likely source will be http://www.picaxestore.com/index.php/en_gb/picaxe.html. If they do not have anystock they may be able to get the associated PIC and load the Picaxe Firmware for you. It won't hurt to ask but expect a premium price.

However, it may be easier and less expensive to get a current 28X2 and modify your code as necessary.

John Chris

Thank you for the comments. I have placed communications to Rev-Ed and through the link posted by Goeytex..., (they'll probably end up at the same place)

It seems to me I've done a search on whether the IC's could be programmed (with PICAXE firmware) by users before, and that the answer to this question is no. Can someone confirm this?

geoff07

What is the difference between a current 28X2 and a PIC18F2520-based 28X2 (not 28X)? Both will run on 5v.

John Chris

Comments are most appreciated. I'm located on the east coast of Canada. In the past, I've dealt with the three companies listed above, located in Eastern US, Central US, and Western Canada, respectively. Thanks. Chris

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
We no longer stock PICAXE-28X2-5V devices and are unable to program user supplied blank PIC devices.

We would recommend moving to the latest universal voltage 28X2 and there should be plenty of help available for achieving that. If there are particular issues anticipated in doing that we will do our best to help resolve those.

John Chris

Yes, good point. The 28X2 universal voltage is looking like the best option. We tried this device as a drop in replacement on a particular piece of hardware, particular firmware. Things didn't work immediately; we couldn't afford to investigate further at the time, however, we will presently. I appreciate the offer to help resolve issues. Thanks for the help, I'll post back.