Logicator

José Lobo

hi,
made the download of logicator from picaxe oficial page. Didn't worked.
Gave some strange code... So i went o microsoft site and dowmloaded and executed .NET framework v2.0. Now is working ok.
I wrote this thread just to inform others of what may happen...:)
rgds.
José

nick12ab

By 'strange code', I assume you mean 'The program failed to initialize' followed by an error code. The Logicator website URL logicator.net does hint that the .NET Framework is required and more importantly, there's a Readme shown before you install the software shown below which does explicitly say that you require Microsoft .NET Framework. It's on the first screen so you don't even need to scroll down let alone open a file.
Revolution Education Limited

IMPORTANT! READ THIS FIRST BEFORE CLICKING NEXT.
============================================

You do not need to uninstall any previous version of PIC-Logicator software before running this installer.
Logicator for PIC micros (v3) is the new name for PIC-Logicator.

This software requires Microsoft .NET framework version 1.1

If you already have .NET 2.0 (or later) installed you must still install version 1.1 (if not already present on your system).

This installation can be carried out by double-clicking on file 'netfx.msi' found in the folder 'Microsoft .Net Framework' on this CDROM.

NETWORK INSTALLATIONS - You will need to configure the .NET Security Policy to enable this application to run correctly over a network or shared drive. There are some simple tools included with the .NET framework to allow you to perform these tasks. See the Troubleshooting section of the help file for more information.

Depending on the version of Windows you have, you may be required to re-boot your computer during installation and/or at the end. The installation should re-start after the computer re-boots, but if it does not, simply run the setup.exe file from your CD to pick up where you left off.

This software is designed and developed on Windows XP but will run on Windows NT4, Me, 2k and XP / Vista. The look of the software will vary depending on the operating system that it is installed upon.

System requirements; IBM PC or compatible running Windows Me, NT4(service pack 6a required) 2000 or XP / Vista. Internet Explorer 5.01 or later is required.

Minimum requirements are as per the respective version of Windows.

Recommended requirements; AMD Duron or Intel Celeron processor 500Mhz., 128Mb RAM, XGA (1024x768) Graphics at 16 bit colour depth, DirectX compatible sound card.

For technical help please refer to the help in the software or on the CD.

If you need to contact Revolution Education about this software please e-mail us at picaxe@rev-ed.co.uk or telephone 01761 430044.