Little help regarding the OLED display :/

Well I just got my new OLED display today and at first it looked ok! :) But then some think weird happened. Look at the youtube video :/

I forgot to menrion that if i just supply power to the screen it comes up with '

Dont use youtube to kmake comments please this isnt just my channel Thanks

Haku

My initial thought is wrong serial speed, you get garbled characters when these types of LCD/OLED displays receive data at the wrong rate.

The AXE033 runs at 2400 baud, with the Picaxe using N2400 in the serout command like this: serout 7,N2400,("Hello")
What code are you using to put a message on the display?

rob nash

hello,
could you post the code you are using it may help you get a quicker reply,

seen the code
place it in a loop wht happens
do
code
pause 100
loop

Last edited:

nick12ab

If I'm seeing your circuit right, you're outputting serial on B.2 but the serial is on C.0.

@rob_nash - you can see the code in the youtube video.

OK here is my code for people who couldnt see it in the video :/ Thanks nick I kind of see where you are comign from but when I try C.0 it comes up with' serout c.0, n2400, ( "Temperature" )
^

Error: Unknown symbol - c.0'

So i put it to b.0

So i have the lcd attached to a 08m i haven't changed the frequents or any think like that What should i do? :/

code:
main:
serout c.0, n2400, ( "Temperature" )

08m pin 7 is where the lcd in goes to and + - are in the right space :/

nick12ab

Oh! It's 08M, not 08M2! Just use '0' for the pin without any letter. B.2 however, isn't the serial out pin.

nick12ab

The string is sent once immediately on startup without time for the OLED Display to initialize. Try this instead
Code:
main:
pause 500
serout 0,N2400,("Temperature")
do
loop
This way there's a time delay!

OOO well i did this and we have luck! Instead of doing yours i wanted to see if i could see the differance (keep changing the display)

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqKd3LLIM5A

So Thank you very much! One last thing in the video I kind of ask for the code to clear the display!

P.S It's actually good some think went wrong today because I learnt from my mistakes! But I wouldn't of thought this would of happened :/!

Thank you to all that helped my LCD screen, especial Nick I know I have just probably annoyed you tonight and I am really sorry :S But thank you so much. This will be my final video tonight. See you soon! Got it it all working now :D Couldn't be happier!

westaust55

@trevor,

This is why it is good to read the datasheets for chips and modules when using them.

From the AXE133 datasheet on the Rev Ed website:

PICAXE Test program
init: pause 500 ; wait for display to initialise
main: serout B.7,N2400,(254,128) ; move to start of first line
serout B.7,N2400,(“Hello!123”) ; output text
end

Displaying Messages
The LCD can display characters and pre-defined messages, and can also accept
certain control commands (e.g. clear display or move cursor to new position). Note
that the serial LCD module takes approx half a second to initialise and so any data
sent during this period will be lost.
It is advisable to put a ‘pause 500’ command at
the start of any program to ensure no data is lost when the system is powered up.
The same information also exists in the AXE033 datasheet