Listing used word/byte/bit variables

Pongo

Is there a list somewhere in pe6 that shows which word/byte/bit variables have been assigned/used in the program?

tmfkam

After performing a 'PicAxe > Check Syntax' [F4] command, the Code Explorer does show the variables and their names.

If the variables are not explicitly named (Symbol NamedVariable=b0) this may not work for you. I try never to use a variable without naming it, but I dare bet I've broken my own 'rules' numerous times...

Code Explorer.jpg

Pongo

Thanks for that. I've been using an excel spreadsheet, but I guess spending more time labeling is a small price to pay for the automation :)

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
If you label all variables using symbol you will also get a 'clash' warning icon appear in the same place (Code Explorer) if you use the same one twice.

Pongo

If you label all variables using symbol you will also get a 'clash' warning icon appear in the same place (Code Explorer) if you use the same one twice.
Thank you, I'll definitely try to do better in future. I started using the spreadsheet when I screwed up by tinkering directly with the bits belonging to a word that I had already assigned for something else :eek:

premelec

I would like to see capability to easily list all the line numbers where a variable is used.