Lighting Control

novolts

Guys
I have been asked to reinstate 6 high level lights on a site I have to keep the costs to a minimum
It gives me a chance to work and play with picaxe
I was thinking of wireless control I would require 1 transmitter and 5 receivers
Is my best route xBee
The maximum distance between transmitter and the last receivers is about 50 meters
thanks
Novolts

Videostar

Hi novolts

It might be worth you looking at my post, which is "Radio control to DC conversion".
I'm actually trying to get a variable DC from a standard radio control system but some people have suggested "switch modules" which are obviously just "ON/OFF" and may suit your needs.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I think it might help if there is some more detail given on what "reinstate 6 high level lights" actually means.

novolts

Guys
I have attached a rough schematic showing how I would like to control the lights there are 6 in total but for clarity
I have only shown 4
All the lights will switch on and switch off at the same time there are permanent electrical supplies ( 240v a.c)
My intention is to switch the electrical supply through a double pole relay controlled through a receiver
There commercial transmitter and receivers available but nothing will beat the satisfaction of being able to do it all myself
thanks
novolts

Attachments

rossko57

If there is existing switchgear you might wire in parallel or series with that, depending on the effect you want.

novolts

Thanks rossko57
The lights are supplied from 6 different lighting and power distribution boards so my choice is either running low voltage cable ie burglar alarm or telephone cable and switching the lighting through 12volt relays or some form of wireless control I want to go down the route of wireless control as I see it as a challenge and if it works I have learned something new
I am going to read up on what Circuit suggested in post 3
thanks again
novolts