Lightautomation for semi public sport facilities

At the stables our horse stays, there are some facilities available where users can switch the mercury-lighting themselves.
However, often they forget to switch it off after use or, when they switched off, the next user has to wait for 10 minutes for the lamps cooling down before they will start again.

The proposed solution allows users to start the light using a button. As long movement is detected by the attached PIR sensors (optional), the light will stay on for 20 minutes. The button has a LED so it can be found easily.

10 minutes before the end of the timer, half of the lights will be shut down. This way, when another user starts the timer just after it got switched off, there will be a set of lamps that is cooled down and will strike instantly. the other half will strike after the cooldowntimer allows it to.

The timer can be started in daylight. All timers and detectors will run and do their job. Only the lights themselves will stay off until it's dark enough.

There is a switch available to inactivate the PIR sensors. The timer will be changed from 20 minutes to 1 hour in this case. When the startbutton is hit, the timer will reset to the maximim value (1 hour)

Only one issue is left... the LDR can cause the lights to switch on and off due to changing lightconditions... I still work on that one. Until then I wouldn't use the LDR option.

All timers are easily customised. You can find them in the first part in attached code together with their explanation.

The fysical build is not finished yet. Pictures will be added asap

Rgds,
Erik

Attachments

Dippy

I haven't studied it , so firstly well done on your project. A nice solution.

Secondly, for readers from other places; please note this is a mains project.
In the UK you must by law have proper Approved fittings and devices controlling Mains electrics - even if your design and manufacture is better than the Big Boys.
And it must be installed by qualified people - even if you have been doing this since I was in nappies and the quality of your work is better.
I'm pretty sure that if you fit home-made electricals in a public place in the UK then you will be breaking the law. I'm not sure about a privately run place. You will almost certainly void the insurance.

I am not a 'Nanny' person by nature , I simply make these points so that you are aware and suggest you double-check any liabilities.

Dippy,

Yes of course it will be built taking all regulations in place. I will work together with the electrician doing the maintenace on electricity there. He will have to approve the final design. Most of the money involved by this project will have to go to use sturdy and qualified materials. It better be horse-proof too :)