learning picaxe commands

novolts

Hi Guys
I have been asked by my dear wife and believe me my wife is very expensive what I would like for Christmas
I normally get tool's this year I was thinking about asking Santa for some picaxe goodies
I don't know if I should get various picaxe boards or get one of the teaching / training boards
Through posting thread's some of the forum members will know the type of questions I post
I would appreciate comments please
Thanks and I hope it's not to early to wish everyone a peaceful and happy time
Thanks from the 58 year old child

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I don't know if I should get various picaxe boards or get one of the teaching / training boards
That's a difficult question to answer. It's not so much where you have been in the past but where you would like to go in the future.

I would say the AXE091 Experimenter's Board is ideal for anyone who enjoys learning and playing with code and investigating hardware - basically "experimenting" - where other boards may be better suited to particular, more permanent, projects.

jims

novolts... I have been using the AXE091 for several years and it has been a very good platform for developing and testing various projects. If your wife is really going to "spring" for you I'd recommend another small breadboard to expand the breadboarding capability of the Picaxe AXE091 (more breadboarding space is quite useful). Also a pack of bread boarding jumper wires. They're easier to use than stripped bare wire.. JimS

manuka

I totally agree on those nifty & highly productive M-M solderless beadboard jumpers,but best get assorted lengths. Diverse Ebay listings mention UK stocks, but resign yourself to slower deliveries from China.

They're so cheap & colourful that perhaps your "dear wife" can string them as decorations around something -ah- liquid that's more costly?

pinkfoot

Hi Novolts,
Agree entirely with jimS,started with AXE091 myself-brilliant tool.Happy chistmas to you and your wife from a 66 year old child.

MurrayJ

What I use a Axe401 (preassembled) + Arduino Sensor Shield V4 (available for cheap of fleabay). You also need a small breadboard, wires, power supply etc. But its a cheap, compact and very versatile beginners/experimenters setup.