Just a quick thanks and video

piglet74

Just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who actively post in the forums. I was able to search through here and answer all my questions. For my first project I decided to interface with the focus and shutter of a panasonic lumix ls70. I picked the camera up cheap off ebay and liked it because it does 16:9 (however not true aspect). I programmed an 18x to focus then snap a picture every 6 seconds for 300 frames. Once this was done I moved the files over to my linux box and adjusted the aspect ratio, then used mencoder to make a timelapse movie of the clouds going over my house. A feature that I programmed in but didn't use for this movie was the pan lapse feature. Every other frame I notch a servo from left to right one step to give that discovery channel pan and scan feel. Anyway, thanks again. Rob

http://www.epsilon-gamma.org/picaxe_tlapse.avi

btw the file should play in windows with default codecs. MS-Mpeg4-V2

PS. the coolest thing about these chips is that every time you think about your project you add a feature. Just in writing this I thought, Heck why not have a switch so I can decrement my servo command so I can scan from right to left. Onto rev 3 of the code :)

boriz

Excellent!

Have you tried it at night? A longer exposure time would be required, but you would get a great movie of earths rotation against the stars.

If you do build a servo mount, try panning the camera at the same speed as earths rotation, capturing the stars rising and setting. The axis of rotation must be the same as the earths axis though.