Jeremys anenometer

AllanBertelsen

Hi Jeremy
I am trying to copy your anemometer circuit <A href='http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/forum/Topic.asp?topic_id=4544&amp;forum_id=24&amp;Topic_Title=Low%2Bpower%2BCounter%2B%252D%2Bworking%2Bversion&amp;forum_title=No+new+posts+please%21+17' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>
I does only count to 1024. I am sure I am using Q11 for output. To check things I placed a LED at Q11. It only turns on when picaxe has filled the counted (That is OK and expected). I then placed a LED on Q1. It turns on for the first rev and off again for the next rev and so on. Nothing is happening when i Place the LED on Q0.
I would expect it to count to 2048.
Do you have any ideas?

AllanBertelsen

I am using a 08M. From this code snip the pin configuration can be seen.
<code><pre><font size=2 face='Courier'>
symbol D574HC4040OutputPin = 2 ' 4040 Clockpin by diode
symbol CP74HC4040InputPin = 3 ' 4040 Clockpin
symbol CounterResetOutputPin = 4 ' Go for 4040 reset
symbol AnemometerReedEnableOutputPin = 1 'Reed relay by diode
Symbol WordValue = w6
Symbol SleepInterval = 24

main:
PAUSE 1000 ' Then I can see a LED on Q11 is turned on before reset
gosub ResetAnemometerRevCounter
Sleep SleepInterval
gosub GetAnemometerRevs
Goto main
</font></pre></code>

Jeremy Leach

Hi Allan. I'm a bit pushed for time, but perhaps it will help to look at the finished circuit in my article at <A href='http://home.btconnect.com/PicAxe_Projects/WeatherMonitor/WeatherMonitor.htm' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a> if your PC can stand the download ;-)

I'll try to look at this later.

Jeremy Leach

Hi Allan, any luck getting it to work?

My anemometer circuit/software is quite complex really, but I designed it with low-power in mind - and to date it's worked very well (my outside unit is still running after 3 months on 3xAA batteries with the anemomometer circuit counting continuously).

So if you've a better power-source then it might be better to count using simpler PICAXE count command etc.

If you're still having problems then either post here or mail me at ukc802139700@btconnect.com

AllanBertelsen

Hi Jeremy
I have only been working a little with the circuit I must admit. I have been on the road visiting customers. It is working but as if it's only an 11-stage binary counter. Do not spend time solving this puzzle. It was only if you had seen similar behaviour when developing your circuit. Then you might say &#8211; ah it&#8217;s the cap or the resistor should be another value if running at 5V or something like that.
I want to thank you for the brilliant idea. I can see by old topics, that the idea has been developed over some time.