is it possible...

tomlamonby

:confused: Hi guys, being new to Picaxes I have a beginners question to ask.
Sorry in advance for any obvious mistake I make, through my untutored assumptions!
Basically I would like to use the 28 pin project board with a picaxe 28x chip. For the project I would like to have this board processing various inputs and outputs. I would also like to control a number of servos (number not yet known) but would like the quantity to be expandable. I like the look of the SD21 servo driver as a unit, but the question is can I use I2C to have it act like a slave to the project board with the 28x? If so do you think the system can run smoothly with the project board processing ins and outs and sending servo commands to the slave unit at the same time? If I2C is used from the master project board, does the mountable picaxe 18x need to be added to the servo controller? And the last question is if I wanted at a later date to add an lcd module to the system through I2C is there a limit to the amount of I2C devices you can use in conjunction with one project board.
I won't ask about pin configurations yet, just to know if this is possible. I know its a lot of questions, and my ignorance is apparent, but i needed to ask!

Thanks
Tom

BrendanP

Ditch the project board and use a bread board and hook up wire. It will give you a lot more flexibility to try different designs.

Get the largest bread board you can get or afford, That way when you end up with a complex design you will still be able to follow the wiring you did last week/month.