IR Receivers

ylp88

I was looking at TechSupplies' website and found their "Infrared sensor (LED020)" for £0.42! That's around AU$1.20. Now am I misinterpreting what I am looking at or are Australia's main electronic suppliers all selling these for AU$8.00 each?!

Does anyone know where I could get IR receivers in Australai for this price? It seems rather ridiculous to pay more than 6 times the amount for something which does exactly the same thing!

<b><i>ylp88 </b> </i>

Michael 2727

Altronic and Jaycar both have them @ around
$6.50 AUD, not quite $8.00 but still expensive.
If they were $1.20 ea I would probably get a
few to play with.

Dear Santa,,!!

manuka

Rev.Eds &quot;Vishay&quot; 3 legged IR offerings are certainly good value,&amp; great performers. However factor in significant p&amp;p-they usually charge UK12 (~A$25!)minimum, so you'd need to order ~1/2 dozen to make it worth while freighting them down under. Bulk buy maybe &amp; share?

P.S. I wouldn't be too envious about UK bargains,since their petrol is almost TWICE the cost of ours... Stan

Edited by - Stan. Swan on 11/10/2005 1:01:33 PM

ylp88

Thanks, Hooter. I'll have a look at their site when I can find the time.

I might give the &quot;bulk&quot; thing a though, Stan. They can be used for many things so it doens't hurt to have a few laying around the place. A dozen isn't that many - can share with friends anyway!

<b><i>ylp88 </b> </i>

BarryP

There is a chap In Wellington that Has good prices on most things . Check It Out @ http://www.pmb.co.nz/
Or The LED section http://www.pmb.co.nz/components_14.htm

ylp88

I'll check out both the sites mentioned after my TEE Calculus exam tomorrow... (aaaargh!) =(

Thanks everyone.

<b><i>ylp88 </b> </i>

manuka

&quot;PMB&quot; - only 20 mins drive away too.Thanks for the pointer ! I've lived &amp; worked in Wellington for over 30 years &amp; had never heard of them. They mention Picaxes very briefly, with contributor Jethro enthusing about Basic Stamps &amp; 555 IR data comms instead, so rest assured that I've sent them some enthusiastic pointers! Stan