Ir Led For Line Follower Kit

jimmy88

i bought line follower kit(from tech-supplies) and it comes with three IR LEDs but i lost one of them so i bought an IR LED from radio-shock but it doesn't work while the the original two LEDs that comes with the kit is working . are the IR LEDs on the line follower kit is special or from a different type ? what type of IR LED are they ?

marcos.placona

How did you loose the first on in first place? When you say "I lost one" do you really mean it, or was it something you've done wrong?

If the second option is true, then wouldn't it be the reason why your second LED doesn't work?

AFAIK this LED you bought should work the same way, except if the specs are way different, which I don't think i the case.

Cheers

jimmy88

well i found the name of the LED its EL-7L infrared LED this LED is a high power and its used in line tracking for high output power but its really rare to find them on electronics shops the infrared LED that used in remote control will not work because the circuit is designed for this type of LED which is EL-7L

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Any high power infra red LED should work fine.

Make sure you havene't confused the LED with the phototransistor - they both 'look' like LEDs.