Invisible folder

Tyro

I downloaded the latest version of the Programming Editor and installed it on a new PC with a Vista home premium operating system. It works as expected.

For convenience, I made a new folder in the “samples” folder and saved new files to it. Programming Editor was able to open these files and there were no problems.

I tried to transfer these new basic files to a second PC that I use to programme pickaxe chips. Windows Explorer could not “see” this new folder! I then used Windows Explorer to make a second new folder in “sample” which Windows Explorer could “see” indicating “no files”.

In Programming Editor, the second new folder was there and I was able to save and open files from the second new folder.

Windows Explorer still indicated “no files”.

I have tried switching off and rebooting but I cannot sort out the problem. A file can be saved to the desktop and Windows Explorer can see it. I shift-deleted the entire Rev-Ed folder in program files and uninstalled it from “settings” then reinstalled it. Same problems.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way, after the second installation, the previous “recent files” was present. Why they were not deleted?

MPep

How are you transferring the data to the other PC?? Network? USB key?

Have heard that Vista controls networks differently than XP. Cannot test this though as I have stayed away from Vista.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'm not familiar with Vista but I have heard recommendations not to create files or sub-folders under C:\Programming Files ( or whatever Vista may call it ) or its sub-folders.

Tyro

Thanks Hippy, I made a new folder in Documents and now EI works as advertised.

Life is too short to understand everything!

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Its a new security 'feature' in Vista, to try to stop people saving stuff in the Program Files folder. However it is only Windows applications e.g. explorer that stop you doing this!