Installation problem

I am getting an error saying that program editor.msi cannot be found part way through the install of the latest version of the program editor software. i have tried both the direct installer and also the iso image. the older version 5.27 will install but the new version won't could this be due to an older version which has not uninstalled properly.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
This sounds like an incomplete or corrupt download. Just running the BAS805.EXE should be all that is required.

I have tried two different downloads one as the install exe and one as the iso image both give the same result I think I have had a similar problem with other software which was solved by deleting the uninstall file which was left behind before reinstalling the software though I am just guessing here. I have also updated the msi installer which did not help either. After cancelling the first error message another message appears saying that the program editor .msi is the wrong one even though it is the one in the temp directory used for the install

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I downloaded the .ISO file, burned to CD and installed by running X:\progedit\setup.exe and then also by launching X:\progedit\programming editor.msi - No problems on my XP system in either case.

If you are having similar installation issues with other software and installers there may be an issue with your PC configuration. What operating system are you using, and 32 or 64-bit ?

The installation issue was not on my machine i just mentioned it as a possibility, I have never had an issue with any installation on my machine prior to this. I am using windows XP home I will try temporarily moving all of the uninstall files to check out my theory though.

I removed all the uninstall files to a temp folder then installed programming editor after a few complaints it installed ok In the past I have never uninstalled the older version of progamming editor before installing the new one so I had quite a few entries in the add remove programs list this may be the problem. Is this the first version of bas805 that checks for older version and does it also uninstall them perhaps?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I don't think the BAS805 installer is any different to previous versions when it comes to checking older versions, and running the .MSI direct AIUI bypasses the installer and uses Windows' own.

Obviously there was some issue but I doubt we'll ever know for sure what it ultimately was. At least it's all working now.