import pixace code into vsm

andyshrimpton

Hello All

After building my first curcuit and playing with some code i would like to know if i am able to import my pixace code into VSM.

If so i assume i would then be able to construct my circuit in vsm to allow me to test my future code without having to carry my black box around which houses my circuit board and lcd screen.

I have tried to do this with the demo mode of VSM but have failed.

And help would be welcome

regards

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
That is exactly how VSM works. You 'link' your BASIC file to ths simulation, then when the simulation runs it steps through your BASIC code line by line. In demo mode you can only run the premade examples in the PICAXE examples folder.

andyshrimpton

How to view code when running example

Thanks for a quick reply

How do you view to pixace code and the programme is running?

I am try it on rodoph example. Every time i use degug or just run the program the code disappears.

Also is there an example of code using a lcd screen.

I currently use a serial one wire lcd screen in my project an want to compear the coding that is sent to the VSM screen. I am sure that i code use "find and change" in my code to alster it to run in VSM.

REgards

Andy

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Instead of clicking the 'play' triangle button try the 'pause' button to start the simulation. You will then see the program listing highlighted and paused at line 1 - and you can then single step through the program.

Alternately add a breakpoint and let the program then run to the position. When the program breaks you can then single step onwards from that point.