I can't even get it to program.

tesladude

I have the programing editor. and the entire simple circuit for the chip. but when I hit program it shows an error message like my cord is in use or somthing. I am useing the serial axe026 with a female serial to male usb adaptor.
I have downloaded like ALL the drivers.

any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamster

Welcome to the forum,

First thing: You've posted in the wrong area, maybe a mod will move it to the Active PICAXE Forum.

I would post an exact copy of the error you're recieving plus the datasheet and link to your adapter.

Help us help you :)
Jamster

LeonR

Sometimes on my project board I have to hold the reset button down, click program, then release the reset button before it will upload.

As said above, which chip/port have you configured under the options menu?

SteveT

Does your usb adapter have a FTDI chip ? As far as I know this chip is needed for the adapter to work for Picaxe use.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Does your usb adapter have a FTDI chip ? As far as I know this chip is needed for the adapter to work for Picaxe use.
The PICAXE should work with any USB to serial adapter which supports break signalling and has the required voltages and polarity.

tesladude appears to be using a USB to 9-way adapter plus an AXE026 9-way to jack plug cable. Not all USB to 9-way adapters do work with the PICAXE so more information on the adapter would be useful.

westaust55

@Tesladude,

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

As you can see from above a lot of questions be ause you have not given much for us to work with and help you.

My additional questions:
1: what board are you using to program - a ReV Ed AXExxx series, a breadboard or other?
If a bread lard then the standard stereo socket pins will not make good contact with the breadboard contacts.

2. What chip are you using? If an earlier chip such as 18X you will need a resistor on the Reset pin.

3. If using a breadboard do you have the two resistors required for programming. 22 kOhm and 10 kOhm.

4. What voltage batteries or power supply are you using.

A sketch or photo of the circuit you have for programming would be good.

When folk have more complete information to the questions raise this far we should be a LE to sort out your problem.