How to unbrick a TLG10UA03 Wifi module?

Hooter

Folks - I think I have bricked one of my two TLG10UA03 Wifi modules.
Both worked originally. I can log on to the good one through both WIFI and
the serial port using the programming utility.
Using both these same methods won't let me in to the one I think I have bricked.
This has only happened since I changed the Wifi setting from AP to STA.
The LEDS are behaving as they should.
Has anyone managed to default one of these modules.
I have searched the net but to no avail.
Cheers

Possible answer.....

Folks - I think I have bricked one of my two TLG10UA03 Wifi modules.
Both worked originally. I can log on to the good one through both WIFI and
the serial port using the programming utility.
Using both these same methods won't let me in to the one I think I have bricked.
This has only happened since I changed the Wifi setting from AP to STA.
The LEDS are behaving as they should.
Has anyone managed to default one of these modules.
I have searched the net but to no avail.
Cheers
In my limited experience, all WIFI (I assume you mean WLAN) Routers can also be connected to with a normal ethernet cable, you will still need its address (something like 228.161.1.1 Possibly. Look in the manual or look online for a manual), but then you can go in and do a return to manufacturers setup. Then start again.
Sometimes you need some combination when switching on, a button pressed and held pressed for example.
You do need to find the manual and read it, I would have done it for you, but you failed to tell us the manufacturer and model......
I hope I am not totally off base with this comment, but nobody else has answered......
regards
Andy

lbenson

The TLG10UA03 is not a router, and has no Ethernet port. Post 11 in this thread tells how to connect with serial (without the programming utility) using a PC serial terminal program like putty:

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?24798-picaxe-to-net-with-wifi-to-serial-module-TLG10UA03

Unfortunately, this method has not worked for the 2 non-working TLG10UA03s that I have (but the lights on those did not indicate correct working condition). It did work for a device on which I had mangled the network settings.

Last edited:
The TLG10UA03 is not a router, and has no Ethernet port. Post 11 in this thread tells how to connect with serial (without the programming utility) using a PC serial terminal program like putty:

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?24798-picaxe-to-net-with-wifi-to-serial-module-TLG10UA03

Unfortunately, this method has not worked for the 2 non-working TLG10UA03s that I have (but the lights on those did not indicate correct working condition).
I thought I had erased my post, obviously not....
I did actually find out what it really is.....Sorry for my post Guys...
Andy