How to make a Visual Basic interface program for picaxe...

Hi

Does anyone have any idea how i can write a Vbasic program which will set 4 variables on a picaxe chip (4-digit code for my GCSE alarm project). I do have a bit of experience with Vbasic and picaxe but im not sure how to output to serial...

moxhamj

There is another active thread "Visual basic comm port and picaxe" started by denzel that has some code.

Edited by - Dr_Acula on 01/02/2007 22:32:13

Dippy

If your mate knows so much about PC-PICAXE comms (and vice versa) why did you need to consult this forum?

BeanieBots

Denzel, could you please tell your friend that if he must copy circuits and then re-post them on a site with alternative wording, that he should understand what they are for.
In particular, I refer to his diagram "More reliable download circuit".
In no way whatsover is that a more reliable download circuit. It is a copy of the "enhanced" download circuit.
The enhancement is for a very particular purpose when using ADC readings on a PC that has true +/-12v RS232 comms and has nothing to do with improving the downloading function.
The H-bridge could do with some attention too!

Edited by - beaniebots on 02/02/2007 00:11:25

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
...and that he requires prior permission to duplicate Revolution copyrighted images on his website.

Denzel

Will do, note he doesn't actually have any information on pc to picaxe.

And i'll tell him to can the pictures

thanks.